I love looking at my deployment tracker every morning when I wake up. Just the little bit of green on there makes me feel like we are accomplishing this. As of right now we are at 6% done.. Only 6, you ask? Six is way better than zero right? Tonight as I lay down to drift off to dream land, the memory of your last day here with me came rushing into my mind.
You asked me not to cry when you got on the bus. I never thought I would be able to uphold that promise. I couldn't help but let the tears fall that morning at the house. You held me in your arms and told me everything was going to be okay and that wasn't how you wanted to spend the morning with me.
What I wouldn't give to be in that embrace again.. Your strong arms wrapped around me, holding me tight. You are the only one that can melt away my fears and worries. You may not always know what to say but when you hold me, you don't have to say anything, the action is speaking louder than words ever could. If I could just go back and feel it one more time.
I feel like I'm losing touch. I'm struggling to remember what it feels like wake up next to the love of my life. I can't close my eyes and remember what it sounds like to hear you breathe. I can't remember the way you always smelled. I want to just remember what the butterflies in my stomach felt like when you would grab my face and kiss me. I want to feel your skin against me again. I miss you physically. I'm so thankful I get to hear your sweet voice everyday. Its the one sense, I haven't lost of you.
I love you babe, now hurry up and get the hell home. 💋
I remember this all too well! Hang in there!! The hardest part of each deployment, for me, has been when it actually starts to feel normal to have him gone. I've also dealt with a deployment where my husband and best friend were both gone at the same time. I'm glad he had her and she, him, but it wasn't cool for me back home. Keep your head up!
ReplyDelete