Monday, June 2, 2014

Can't I Just Get Paid to Sleep?

Ever had a job that you just couldn't stand?
That is my life right now...

I took off the weekend before and the days leading up to this deployment. That's was 17 days ago...

After Michael shipped, I was headed home to Atlanta the next day. I had already had this time off approved as week. My little brother was graduating! Which it is still weird for me to think of him as a legitimate adult.. So weird! Here is basically the sum of us..



I returned home that Sunday to my empty house. When I walked through that door and the reality of this is how it is going to be for the next 9 months was sinking it. It slapped me so hard in the face, I think I got whiplash. I didn't even want to stand inside my front door. It was so empty and quiet.. it was only quiet because the dogs were still at the dogsitters. Either way all the memories started to flood my mind. Our first night in the house, deciding on who got which key, arranging the kitchen how we wanted it, setting up his man cave with all of his mismatched décor, hanging that heavy ass TV up on the wall, deciding which side of the bed was who's, deciding which side of the sink was who's, arranging our bedroom so I could see the planes overhead in the dome window, attempting to shove our big boat into what I described as a large garage, michael breaking the garage door within our first hour of having the keys,

No comments:

Post a Comment