I'm 20, and I'm married.. I know what you are probably thinking. The same questions I've been asked 5000 times since January 25, 2013. So lets go ahead a clear a few things up..
1. No, I was not pregnant.
2. Yes, we thought it through.
3.
This is my other half. Sometimes the better half, but that is mostly my job. He is my one and only, my high school sweetheart. My life is amazing because of him. He pushes me to better myself in all that I do. I'm thankful for every precious moment I get to spend with him.
Here is a peak into OUR love story;
Here I was in 10th grade walking through the halls of my new school, changing classes, and meeting the staff, and the students. Michael, at that time had a girl friend. I at that time was single, and had no problem portraying it. We had geometry class together, that was it because he was a grade lower. He wanted nothing to do with my loud and bubbly self. At that time I was okay with that. The next year rolled around and there was single Michael and there was single Blakelee sitting once again in the same math class. Most of that school year was spent texting and talking on and off. I wasn't actually allowed to have a boyfriend so I just talked to talk. I think somewhere in the midst of it we caught feelings for each other but never really acted it upon them. The end of the year rolled around and we had our annual powder puff football game. There was a scheduled bonfire that night which surprisingly I was allowed to go to, of course with my step father in tow. That night was the night that began it all. I was sitting on the tailgate of a truck when he hopped right up beside me. He cleverly asked to see my hand, I held it up, he intertwined his fingers between mine and smiled that goofy grin that I love so much. I got a message from my stepfather saying to get to the parking lot so we could leave and he got up to walk with me there. Never letting go of my hand. I asked him why he was still holding my hand and he informed me I was the one that never let go. So romantic right? In my 16 year old heart, I was sold! We ended up attending a youth camp together that summer and that is where we decided to make it official. We liked each other and we didn't care who knew. Next line of business was asking my stepfather if I was allowed to have a boyfriend yet. I knew that answer was going to be no but I couldn't help it, I had already fallen head first into the puppy love. I think we actually made it official before we even knew if it was allowed. June 25, 2010 was the day my life changed forever. In a few weeks after that I had expressed my interest to my stepfather to date this young man, which were granted but basically it was just a title because there was not allowed any actions involving a romantic relationship. Simple things such as sitting close to each other on the couch was not even allowed (I'll save the full information for a later post). Michael's patience was being tested to an extreme. The first kiss... oh man. It must have been fate that the roof decided to start leaking in the middle of that movie. My parents were in and out of the room trying to figure out where the leak was coming from. He just kissed me, I was not expecting it at all. I was so shocked I don't even know if I kissed him back. I knew all along I wanted to kiss him but I never saw it coming. The whole first year of our relationship was spent under the watchful babysitting of my stepfather and between classes at school. The stairwell at school was where most of the kisses came from, which was also forbidden at our little Christian school. When I turned 18, I moved out. That is when I feel like our real relationship began. We were able to talk and text without being monitored or listened in on, we were allowed to hold hands while walking through the mall, we were allowed to kiss each other goodbye. We went on our first real official date, it wasn't exciting. We preferred to just stay home. Over the next year there were many date night redbox movies, sneaky sleepovers, and gross dinners I tried to cook off of pintrest. I wouldn't have traded those memories for anything. After he completed high school, he toyed with the idea of college but ultimately chose against it for now to peruse a military career. I for one, was not in favor at first. I immaturely saw it as him being away from me all the time and possibly one day never coming home. Then it hit me, who am I to stop somebody from perusing a dream. I'm his partner, I'm suppose to support him. So I did. It was a very hard thing for me to do, but I did it anyways. He chose the army, not my first choice either but I supported him anyways. We had already made up our mind that we were going to get married before he left so that way we didn't have to run the risk of being apart any more than we had to, or possibly missing the chance to get married if we waited until after training. Our parents were mostly supportive. Mostly is good for us, because in total of parents between the two of us is 7! We come from a long line of divorcees. We vowed to each other early on the never be a statistic, we thoroughly believe that we are going to be firsts in our families to make it to the end. January 25, 2013 was here and we went to the court house with our families and said our vows. I did only vow to richer or richer... at that moment I don't think we could have been any poorer so he got lucky there. Our mini honeymoon we had, we stayed in a nice hotel with a Jacuzzi tub. You know what we did? We watched the entire first season of MTV's Buckwild.. who does that? Us. We are imperfectly perfect for each other. I never would have dreamed my 10th grade year that I would be married to that scrawny freshman in my geometry class. Funny how things in life turn out. I can't imagine my life without him, he makes me complete. I'm so blessed to be married to that sexy soldier of mine. I'll save the military stuff for another post.
A brief description of me personally:
My name is Blakelee, it sounds like it looks, Blake + Lee, don't make it harder than it is. I am discovering the world and forming my own opinions. I see both sides to every story. I look beyond the surface to dig deeper. I like to ask questions, give me detailed answers. I'm a lover, not a fighter. I care too much about people that don't care at all. I'm the life of the party, but I prefer to stay home. I'm not high maintenance, I just want to be loved. I'm independent and strong, but I don't always see myself that way. Honesty and loyalty are most important to me. I'm the most open minded judgmental person you'll ever meet.
So you have seen a little bit into me and where I come from. I'll be going into detail about some certain experiences and life lessons I've learned, being a military wife, and some of my attempts at being crafty. Hope you stick around for the ride. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment